Thursday, June 16, 2011

Upson Woman Injured In Fall

DSC_9614Amy Quinzon, 23, of Upson County was life-flighted to an area hospital around 6:30 pm Thursday evening after being thrown from a horse.

Upson EMS responded to the scene of the accident on Turkey Creek Road and transported her to an open field off of Hendricks Church Road where the Emory air ambulance was waiting.

First reports indicated that she had been knocked unconscious and struck a tree during the fall. Amy told Upson Today through a Facebook post on June 22nd, “I blacked out for a few seconds but was very alert and aware before the first responders even got to where I was and stayed that way the whole time. I broke my tailbone and 2 small bones in my back and am doing fine.”

The Thurston Fire Department also responded.

DSC_9624

2 comments:

  1. I am the girl in this story and I was never unconscious. I was alert and talking the whole time!! I broke my tail bone and 2 small bones in my lower back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, glad you are doing OK, we would like to do a followup story, please contact us at 706-647-0500

    ReplyDelete